Saturday, March 24, 2007

Methi Paranta

Methi Parantha



Methi Parata


This is one of my favorite parata . I make this in different variations , sometimes with fresh methi,sometimes with dry methi (Kasoori Methi) or sometime with frozen methi whatever is readily available . These store well in refrigerator when stored in a Ziploc bag . so I usually make few extra to pack for kids lunch. Today made the parata with frozen methi

Ingredients
2 cup whole wheat atta (flour)
1 cup frozen methi
1 tbsp jeera
1 tbsp Kasoori methi
1 tbsp jeera powder
1 tbsp dhania powder
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp Haldi (turmeric)
salt according to taste
Oil for frying parantha (optional)

Process
1. mix all the above ingredients with water to a dough consistency
2. take a small portion ,roll into a shape of a ball
3. with a rolling pin ,roll into a round shape
4.fry both sides on hot tava
5.can add a little bit of oil ,this however is optional

Serve hot with Raita or in my case today with Baigan Bartha , For my son I spread jam evenly around the parata and roll into a thin roll wrap in Aluminum foil and pack for his lunch .

2 comments:

Meeta said...

Yummy. Paranthas are so versatile. I am a sucker for spinach or paneer myself. I like the pictures too Sreelu.

Sreelu said...

Hey Meeta,

Compliments on my photograph from an Ace photographer like you is truly exicting and inspirational

Sreelu

 
Web Statistics