Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Aloo Palak Sabji ( Potato Spinach Curry)

Aloo Spinach Sabji ( Potato Spinach Curry)
Weekday dinners are a herculean effort, After a long day of work, picking up kids from day care/school taking them to various classes I often look for something that I can prepare in time that it can take to get the kids showered and Aloo Spinach Sabji does fall in this category.
Potato's especially the Yukon type cook extremely quick and Spinach literally cooks in seconds.
Another variation for this recipe would be Aloo Methi, substitute Methi both fresh and frozen instead of Spinach

Ingredients
3 Potatoes peeled and cubed
2 cups spinach ,washed and julienned
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tspn Jeera
1 tspn Haldi
1 tbsp of any type of Masala's (garam masala, all spice masala or any home made masala's)
1 tbsp oil for frying
Salt according to taste

Process
1. heat a tbsp of oil in a pan, add Jeera, Ginger Garlic paste and Haldi
2. Then add chopped Spinach ,fry till the rawness is done or spinach seems done partially usually about a minute or 2
3. Add cubed Potatoes, mix well with Spinach add salt and sprinkle a little water
4. when Potatoes are cooked add Masala, Mix well and remove from heat

Serve hot with Roti's, Puhlka or even with Rice

9 comments:

Sia's Corner said...

i can totally empathise with ur say on weekend cooking. i am half dead by the time i get back from home.
recipe like this comes very handy. u have got beautiful collection of recipes with good pics which make them more inviting:) gr8 job sreelu...

Asha said...

Sreelu,aloo palak looks fabulous.I love the color of Yukon gold as well.Yellow and green,yum!!

You know,you could send this to Indira as JFI Greens entry,perfect dish for this event.

Sandeepa said...

The dish looks good and the fact that you went through the eefort commendable. I usually cook for 2-3 days togethere, that way I don't have to cook every day. But mid-week I have to do something and this is perfect

Shivapriya said...

HI Sreelu,
I got ur's from Sushma's site.
Aloo palak looks great, I usually grind palak but sometimes, when I'm in a hurry or lazy I just chop. Picture looks great. Everything in ur blog looks great. So you live in Sunnyvale or santa clara?

Suma Gandlur said...

First time here. You have a nice blog with beautiful pictures.
I make aloo methi but not aloo palak. Have to try this.

satan himself! said...

hi akka, great posts!! just now forwarded the recipes to my mom. gotta give it to you...i dunno abt the recipes but the photos are top notch!!! keep blogging & happy cooking :-)

teju

satan himself! said...

btw, will try out that caramel popcorn thing now( i gues thats the only thing i CAN try out!)....rest all for my mom when she returns from work :-)

Sreelu said...

Sia,

Thanks for your compliments, I love your site its just beautiful.I visit your's on a daily basis

Asha,
Thanks for the idea I will post this for Indira's event

Sandeepa,
I try to cook 2 dishes atleast over the weekend too just to make it easy during the weekday

ShivaPriya,

Welcome to my blog, Glad you liked it.I stay in San Jose area.Hope to see you regularly

Suma,
Welcome to my blog, I just started so all your compliments mean a lot to me

Sreelu said...

Hey Teju,

Nice to see you on my blog, naku amma and Ramani emails yahoo acct ki pampinchava.Job elaga undi.Are you in hyd or b'lore ?

Akka

 
Web Statistics