Thursday, May 24, 2007

Red Bell Pepper and Paneer Sabji

Red Bell Pepper and Paneer Sabji
Growing up in India it was very rare to get vegetables like baby corn, Bell peppers and other English variety vegetables. Times have since changed these day you get abundant variety of vegetables, during my last visit saw that mom and pop stores carry vegetables like baby corn, lettuce, bell peppers in different colors ( red, green and yellow).

My favorite way to eat red bell pepper is to make it either as stuffing for quesedilla or combine with paneer and make sabji. Red bell peppers are usually sweet, add this to paneer with some strong masala it makes a great combination

Simple process

2 Red bell pepper cubed into small pieces
2 cups paneer ( adjust accordingly)
1 red onion
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1 tbsp red chili paste ( i used the store brought can substitute with red chili powder)
1 tbsp garam masala
1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup/tomato sauce
1/2 cup yogurt

Process
1. In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil, when hot add ginger garlic paste, kasoori methi, haldi
2. Add finely sliced onions and fry till translucent
3. add finely chopped red bell pepper and salt and cook covered
4. once bell peppers are cooked and soft add paneer, garam masala, tomato ketchup, chili paste, yogurt and mix well
5. cook for 5 minutes covered and then mix well
Serve hot with roti's/phulka or paratha's

This will be my entry for Nupur's A-z of Indian vegetables

19 comments:

Roopa said...

yummy one sreelu, lovely color i love paneer and peppers.

Arts said...

Wow.. cool combi.. Now i got to say tat our wavelengths surely matche... made mix bell peppers sabji for dinner yesterday :)

Aruna said...

Sreelu, that is sooo yummy!! bet is tasted delicious as well.
I love peppers :-)

www.themistressofspices.wordpress.com

Asha said...

Looks great Sreelu.Love the photography.Every single Paneer stands out.I like colorful peppers too.Thanks girl:)

Nupur said...

I so agree...the pairing of paneer with red peppers is perfect!

Lata said...

Looks Yummy! and Colorful

Jyothi said...

Looks yummy, perfect combo of paneer and red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing.

Mandira said...

The sabzi looks delicious and colorful. You camping trip sounds like a lot of fun!

sra said...

Sreelu, photo chala bagundi, probably tofu wd go well with this too!

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Hey, lovely color and a wonderful pic!! Thanx for the recipe :)

Sreelu said...

Everyone thanks for the comments.

Sra,
Thats true Tofu goes very well, I make green bell pepper and tofu.

Arts,
Agreed we have a frequency tuned ...

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hay this is absolutely great. Nice recipe for "R"....Nice picture...I like it.

Suma Gandlur said...

That's a new combo to me. Must have been delicious.

Cynthia said...

Isn't it fun to go back and see all the things that are now available? :)

Richa has given me a recipe for paneer, I have to make it and try it the way you made this dish. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vcuisine said...

Paneer and peppers are good combo Sreelu. The photo is tempting. Viji

Saju said...

Great combination, I am definately going to try it as soon as I can.

Meena Kandlakuti said...

Hi Sreelu,

I just visited ur blog..it is very good, with different recipes and good photography...I will add ur to my blogroll soon..Thanks for visiting mine...see at my blog in future frequently:-))

Jigna Desai said...

Hi Sreelu,

I tried with Wheat Pita bread with green coriander chutney filled with subji just wonderfull... This is really testy.

Jaya Wagle said...

Sreelu nice recipe. Will have to try it your way.
I am a newbie blogger and blogs like yours make me want to write and explore new recipes. I am adding your blog to my blog role.
Meanwhile, check out my tri color bell pepper and paneer stir fry on www.jayawagle.blogspot.com.

 
Web Statistics