Sunday, June 3, 2007

Aloo Masala Kurma & Fried Rice

Aloo Kurma & Fried Rice
I am in the process of cleaning out my freezer and pantry, I had a whole bag of Potato's lying around and frozen mixed vegetables in my freezer. So decided to make Aloo Masala Kurma and fried rice for Saturday brunch.

I must say every time I tried to make this dish, it for some reason turned out bitter because of kuskus, but this time got it right and it tasted delicious


Ingredients
1 tspn of dhania
2 small sticks of dalchini
4 whole cloves
2-3 elachi (optional)
1 tbsp of Kuskus
4 garlic cloves
1/2 inch of garlic
3-4 Red chilies
1 1/2 Onion cut into cubes
3 big Potatoes peeled and cubed
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup peas
1 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of ghee
1 tspn sugar

Process
1.Fry all the ingredients above except Onion and Potatoes
2. fry for about 2 minutes
3.No grind the above in a mixer, once ground into fine powder add cut onions and grind into fine paste
4. in a pan add oil and ghee, once warm add the above ground paste and fry till it turns brown
5. Now add potatoes, cauliflower and peas ,add salt and a little water
and cook till vegetables turn soft
6. add sugar and mix well
Serve with Fried rice, Puri's or Pulav

I must say this creates a very strong aroma around the house, you can add other vegetables like carrots,beet root etc..

10 comments:

Asha said...

Sreelu,that is one fab Saturday lunch!Great recipes,thank you for posting:)
My freezer is so full,if I open it,things start falling off!I am too scared to go near it!:D

TheCooker said...

My freezer is like Asha's and very badly needs a cleaning.
The korma looks delicious.

Cynthia said...

Masala potato is one of my favourites. What a tasty clean up :)

Vcuisine said...

Sreelu, this is yummy. no one can resist. Viji

Roopa said...

yummy kurma Sreelu, we also had yesterday parathas and kurma nice for Weekends.

Sia said...

my freezer is packed with big tubs and boxes of ice creams and candies:) and also 2 bags of green peas. mixed veg kurma looks delicious and i usually dont add khus khus... didn't know it gives bitter taste to it.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

lovely pic!!!! I can imagine how tasty it would have been....

Sharmi said...

my Hubby always mentions about his mom's aloo kurma. I never made much of kurmas in my life. will bookmark this one and surprise him sometime.

sra said...

I'm in clean up mode too - yours looks lovely!

Dr. Soumya Bhat said...

Hi there,
Lovely this picture perfect.hmm what more should i say.Love all the post and especially the pics.Lovely.You have a wonderful blog ..

 
Web Statistics