Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cauliflower 65 (Pan Fried Cauliflower)

Cauliflower 65 (Pan Fried Cauliflower)

Stumbled upon pan roasted cauliflower recipe by dear Lavanya of Cookery Corner , knew right away that I had to make this must tell you this dish was very simple,quick and since it had besan/chick pea flour almost had bajji kind of flavor.Made few modification by adding my favorite CC powder (cumin & corriander powder). But the basic recipe was pretty much the same click here for recipe

Simple Ingredients
Besan (chick pea flour)
Red chili powder
Turmeric
Rice flour
Corn Flour
Boil cauliflower florets in microwave and coat them well with above mixture

Pan fry them with little oil I generally use PAM ,added a little bit of CC powder for additional flavor , I think garam masala also would go very well. Toss and fry till the cauliflower gets a golden color.
Was enjoyed and relished by everyone at home .

22 comments:

ushaprashanth said...

Hi!
I will deep fry the cauliflowers! this is a very good way to make
gobi -65!

Arts said...

Looks yum.. MW does make thing easy n quick.. :)

Srivalli said...

Looks very tasty!...cauliflower cooked this way is always a welcome!

Laavanya said...

Wow Sreelu that was really fast. I am extremely pleased, thrilled and happy that you tried my recipe out and liked it :) Thank you so much!
Cauliflower looks great and I like the idea of adding cumin-coriander powder or g.masala.. will try that way next time.

Sia said...

just left comment @lavanya's blog n here u r ready with a bowl of gobi 65... beautiful pic

Sreelu said...

@Usha, This is so much better then deep frying for sure

@Arts, Thanks !!

@Srivalli, Yes my kids loved it

Sreelu said...

@Lavanya,
Some times you look at a recipe and you just have to try it and I was anyway going to make cauliflower sabji so your recipe was a welcome break.I loved it and its going to me made again for sure

Sreelu said...

@Sia, Thanks I just loved the recipe so made it

Rajitha said...

see see see i said that it will taste like bajji in laavanya's post ( i know, i'm just pathetic ;)
it looks really good, i think i will make this on Saturday, bajji taste low on calories..mmmmm

TBC said...

Wow! That was quick, Sreelu:)
Now I have to try this! I only have frozen cauliflower and I know that won't work here:(
Beautiful pic!

Suganya said...

A tbsp of besan to any pan-fried vegetable is a delicious addition.

Happy cook said...

A very very healthier version of thr dish

sra said...

Sreelu, your senagapindi mountain looks nice.

Madhu said...

This looks so easy and healthy, than deep fried. thanks..

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Nice method, I appreciate that it is not deep fried. Trying to be healthier is hard with the temptation of all the deep friend Indian snacks. This is a nice alternative..

TheCooker said...

An un-fried bhajji!
What more could one ask for?

Vani said...

mm...looks yummy:)

Latha said...

Wow looks yumm Sreelu! And its nto deep fried! yay!
my kids would love it will surely give it a shot!

Nags said...

i like all dry dishes using cauliflower, this looks delicious as a starter :)

Bharathy said...

Hi sreelu..me too first time in your place!!You have a loveeeeely place here,with fabulous photos!!I love the way you have blurred the backgrounds....Love your profile pic too!..:)

Thanks a lot for visiting..:)..you are always welcome.

Cynthia said...

I saw it on Laavanya's blog too and now yours! It looks really delicious, Sreelu.

Padma said...

Gobi 65 looks yummy specially when not deep fried...

 
Web Statistics