Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chocolate Truffles

Chocolate Truffles

Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate makes me weak like nothing else, I absolutely love chocolates, the darker and bitter the better.I remember last year during our Europe trip man I have had the best hand made/rolled truffles in Belgium.Over the weekend while flipping channels I came across Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa making chocolate truffles,recipe seemed simple and ingredients even simpler.So decided to give it a shot since I had a perfect reason to share them.

Ingredients
Recipe inspired by Ina Garten ( Courtesy foodnetwork.com)
1/2 pound semi sweet dark chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp prepared coffee
1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
Cocoa powder/confectioner's sugar/grated sweet coconut
Process
1. Heat cream in a heavy pan until it just start to boil
2. chop the chocolate finely, add the cream to chocolate
3. Allow it to sit for few seconds and then with a whisk mix in chocolate and cream
4. mix it to make into a fine paste with no lumps
5. Add coffee and Vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Line a baking dish with saran wrap and pour the chocolate mix
7. cover the top with saran wrap and allow it to cool for say an hr to 2.
8. With a melon scoop make round balls and roll them onto cocoa powder and coat well.
refrigerate and serve at room temperature. These stay good for a week.
This makes for one easy and delicious home made gift.
Cannot emphasise how easy it was to make them.
Be sure to try them I am sure you and your friends would be one happy campers.

21 comments:

Sia said...

cant view the pics :(

Padma said...

Sree... nee truffle chala noruruthunayi... India ninchi vachina taruvatha tappa kunda try chayalani undi.. chala complicated ga untundi ani eppudu try cheyaledu...but nee recipe choosi motivate aiyanu. The photos look fabulous!

Thanks for ur kind comments and a warm welcome onboard. Its like a family member welcoming me after a vacation (blog break)....

Happy cook said...

Wow those truffels are looking delicious.
Is tha pack i see there for me.
Do you want to have my address :-)))

Asha said...

What beauties!! LOVE them. Love to watch Ina too, watch her show everyday!:))

arundati said...

awesome truffles...they make a wonderful homemade gift...i've posted some on my blog too.........

Namratha said...

Truffles look gorgeous and perfect Sreelu, loved them!! The gift box is so cute:)

sandhya said...

truffles looks beautiful... will surely try these...

Laavanya said...

These look lovely Sreelu and the coffee must've given an intense chocolateyness to these. Great presentation too.

Mythreyee said...

We just loved it sreeelu. Thank you for sharing with us. It was just melting in my mouth. I wanted to ask you the recipe and here it goes. Thanks!

TheCooker said...

These were so delicious, Sreelu.
I see you've used the good vanulla extract and chocolate ;)

Rina said...

Pictures are gr8 Sri... Though i'm not a chocolate freek, I would love to taste these..

evolvingtastes said...

I happened to see that Ina show too, and yes, I have been wanting to make those too. Yours look perfect!

Mishmash ! said...

Way to go! I have been thinking about making them but never got around to it coz of all that mess....:P very cozy pic and a nice gift :)

TBC said...

Lovely presentation, Sreelu!
You were inspired by Ina G. and I was by Giada! I did not find them easy to make though, maybe 'cos it was my first time.:-)I have to try using cofee the next time.

Pooja V said...

Choc truffles look sooo good. yum !

Revathi said...

They were sooo good. And so elegantly packed -

Raaga said...

I've only been meaning to Sreelu... never get around to them!!

DEEPA said...

perfect pics ...awesome one lady!!!!i wish i could have them now !!!

Uma said...

What a perfect gift! Looks lovely. Awesome pics.

~mE said...

lovely recipe and pictures :)
I am trying this for sure
thanks
your blog is wonderful
Rss'd it

nams said...

looks divine..

 
Web Statistics