Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Foodfull Afternoon With Perfect Strangers

A Foodfull Afternoon With Perfect Strangers

Finally the afternoon to meet perfect stranger was here, it was a bright Saturday afternoon in Sunny Bay Area. Never was I this anxious to meet people, meeting fellow food bloggers for the first time was a great experience more so because it all started so virtual, I developed a certain image/profile from their blog and now to see a person was a great thrilling feeling.


I have reputation in my circle of being the one who is always late, now not letting go of this reputation I was the last one to arrive at TC's. Never less I was put in spot and was asked to identify/connect the faces to the blogs I think I could only guess TC that because she was the host, rest was all pretty much incorrect. I cannot believe the vibe in the group, just didn't seem like we met the first time very friendly, warm and funny. After we got to sit down with a cool fruit punch made by TC and to her yummy tartlets and home made hummus, it was talking non-stop all about food and blogging in general.


One thumb rule for the meet was we would cook from each others blog, I choose to make Chaat cups inspired by taste Tinkerer, only to realize the on the day to make them that I forgot to soak moong, so had to modify a big and instead made mini puffs using puff pastry shells.



Here’s the recipe
Mini vegetable puffs
1 packet of Pepperidge puff pastry shells
4 Potatoes peeled and boiled
Hand full of coriander leaves
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1 green chili
Peas boiled (optional)

Process
Filling
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seed when they start to splutter add 1/2tbsp of Ginger garlic paste
Add finely chopped red onion and sauté till onions turn brown
2. Now add mashed potatoes, amchoor powder, chat masala, r.chili powder, salt and mix well.
3. Add chopped coriander and remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes

For puffs
1. Bake the puff pastry shells according to instructions; allow it cool for 2 minutes

Finishing
Remove the top of each shell and stuff with the potato filling and close with the shell cap.

Serve hot.

Thanks Ash for the pic, time did fly by very quickly and frankly I was very surprised that this lasted so long and was so enjoyable and fun.

The only bummer part of the meet was we missed Shankari, she my dear fell sick and was not able to make it to the meet, never the less we did make her go through the guessing game and she came out in flying colors, to which we attribute either her medicines or good luck :) .

I now pass on the baton to A-kay and let her rant about the rest of the afternoon, you can also check with TC for the first past of the meet.

14 comments:

Uma said...

ah...I am now feeling sad that I couldn't attend that meeting. I missed all the fun. But I am happy that the meeting went on well and fun. Hope Shankari is feeling better now. My best wishes to her. I wish there be another meeting in near future.

TheCooker said...

The mini veg puffs were good. Did you know I kept the leftovers before handing over the empty to you?

Padmaja said...

I bet you all had a great time!! It would have been a wonderful experience right!!! So glad siri

DK said...

I missed this event! Felt sad..anyways hopefully will join in another time.

The puffs luk so cute.:)

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Hey! Glad to know you guys had a good time... I wish I liked somewhere closeby...

Taste said...

The mini veg puffs were really good, Sreelu..I don't think I made it home with the one's I'd packed (devoured them during the drive!!)

TheTasteTinkerer said...

Those were some really delicious puffs, Sreelu- I don't think mine lasted till I got home (i was devouring them as I drove)

sra said...

So who looked like what? Are any of you going to tell us?

Rina said...

Love your puffs dear.. So you had lots of fun at foof bloggers meet! We in toronto were planning on one too last year...

Happy cook said...

Delicious mini puffs

Sagari said...

mini puffs look greatttttt and looks u guys had a great time

Sreelu said...

Sra, ade kada surprise, face when we meet in person :)

Namratha said...

Wow, you ladies would have had fun!! I so wish I could meet other bloggers too....the mini puffs look gr8!

Mansi Desai said...

boy!! I'm hoping we think up anoter one of these soon!:)

 
Web Statistics