Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chinese String Beans

Chinese String Beans
As a vegetarian I find myself having very limited choices when it comes to Chinese
Non-tofu dishes that are available in the restaurants, I love Chinese food but my choices are pretty standard when ever it comes to ordering either is Garlic Eggplant or Chinese String beans, both of which I love, sweet and spicy at the same time with a side of sticky Jasmine rice.
Today’s recipe comes very close to the restaurant version in terms of taste, I am also a huge Trader’s Joe fan, something about the store make it very earthy and the various options of food choices make it even more exciting. I especially love their chocolate truffles and Gelato hmmm to die for. I recently brought few sauces for my Chinese cooking and I must say I was impressed, brought Peanut sauce and Teriyaki sauce both organic with no meat products.




Ingredients

1 bunch of Chinese String Bean (boiled to tender)

1 ½ table spoon of Red chili flakes

2 tbsp garlic thinly sliced

2 tbsp ginger finely sliced vertical

3 tbsp peanut sauce

3 tbsp Teriyaki sauce

2 tbsp sesame oil/ginger oil/regular oil

Salt (according to taste, teriyaki sauce has a good amount of salt)




Process

1. Heat sesame oil /ginger oil/regular oil in a wok or pan

2. add garlic, ginger and red chili flakes and salt

3. fry till garlic is slightly toasted

4. add peanut and teriyaki sauce and mix well

5. to the above add boiled string bean and toss to coat the bean with sauce well

6. Fry for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat

7. garnish with green onions


Serve hot with sticky rice . This makes one complete dish with or without rice.The best part of using these ready made sauce is it gets the flavors right without overpowering any one ingredient.

13 comments:

Sia said...

love all the ingredients u used here sree...

sra said...

The blogs are full of beans these days! :)

Happy cook said...

I love this beans dish.

Rina said...

Simple and neat recipe dear. Always wanted to try these chinese beans. I always had teriyaki sauce at home...Have to check for the peanut sauce next time I go to the Asian store. If not may be replace it with PB...Will definetly try this Sri.

Vanamala said...

Nice one .....

Madhu said...

That is one delicious looking beans,like the dressings you have used and beautiful presentation too Sreelu.

Coffee said...

There is a beautiful contrast in that first pic!

Revathi said...

Look good Sreelu. I did not know that we get the 365 brand in Trader joes.... I am going to TJs this weekend to these.

remya said...

wonderful presentation..love chinese beans....cute snaps!!!

Cynthia said...

What a tasty rendition you have here.

Shankari said...

Love these beans and love your recipe even more!

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi..This looks so YUMMY!.....Nice recipe....Really want to give it a try.....

Shireena said...

Hi! I'm always looking for new and tasty recipes for vegatables. Thanks!

 
Web Statistics