Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nutty Rice Pudding -Arusuvai Friendship Chain

Nutty Rice Pudding -Arusuvai Friendship Chain


Excited was I when I got a box from Deepa as a part of Arusuvai Friendship chain initiated by Lakshmi ,Bhags and Bharathy. From the time Deepa sent an email about posting I looked forward to my snail mail everyday and there it was a box along with a beautiful card with Deepa’s note and a mix of wonderful nuts, chocolate and caramel morsels.
Added to this Deepa did shower me with the following award. A little about the award
"“Nice Matters Award is for those blogger who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.” "



Its only fair that I pass on this on to the nicest people I met personally from the blogosphere, my friends from the bay area and also to my dearest friend Rina,TC, Ash, Revathi, Mythreye, TasteTinkerer and AK.
I still need to come up with a recipe to use the morsels but I did put all the nuts to work with Nutty Rice Pudding. Rice pudding tasted extra special may be because of love it came with.

Ingredients

1 cup rice boiled
1 pint whole milk
2 cups of mixed nuts chopped ( I soaked the nut in hot water for 2 hrs and peeled the almond skin and chopped into small chunks)
2-3 elaichi finely powered
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp ghee
½ can condense milk

Process


Boil rice in pressure cooker
Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan add nuts and fry for a minute, then add boiled rice
Add milk, elachi and sugar to the above.
Allow it to boil on slow for about 10-15 minutes, mixing continually
Add condensed milk and mix once again





I know this is loaded with calories but once in a while its good to indulge in pure bliss. Keeping the chain alive I would like to pass this on to Mishmash ,Shankari, Ramya and Mansi.
Thanks again Deepa for the wonderful gift.


13 comments:

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Congratulations on your award!!! Love the pic of the pudding.. It looks just perfect

sra said...

Enjoy your award, Srilu, congrats. Except for the first picture, I'm not able to see the rest. My aunt said she uses almonds rather than cashews in payasam to somewhat cut down on the calories!

Asha said...

Enjoy the award and Arusuvai Sreelu, that is a great dish girl. Have fun!:)

Namratha said...

Congrats on the award Sreelu...and delicious pudding! :)

A-kay said...

Congrats on your award and thanks a ton girl for passing it to me. I am absolutely thrilled!

Mythreyee said...

Sreelu, congrats! Thanks for passing it to me. I am thrilled.

Laavanya said...

I love the pretty flowers.. that looks like a yummy pudding.

Mansi Desai said...

That "kheer" looks so good Sreelu! and thanks for adding me to the chain!:) waiting for the parcel:)D

M.KATE said...

nice posting and blog, will drop by often, have a fabulous weekend :)

DEEPA said...

Sreelu!!Thank you so much for those kind words .. Pudding looks awesome and you truly deserve the award!!!

Rina said...

Thanks Sree...u go first.. Two weeks back I wanted to pass on the E - Excellent Blog award to u...
but haven't posted that still.
Love the Rice pudding...and the pictures.

Thanks again dear.

Bharathy said...

Wow!What a divine bowl of rice dish!!!..
Hugs for taking up arusuvai,sweetie!..In india this is lethargic now!..

Revathi said...

Congrats and thank you :). When r u going to let us peek into your back yard. I will be ready the next minute -

 
Web Statistics