Monday, March 29, 2010

Reposting my very favorite -Very Berry Smoothie

Very Berry Smoothie
Reposting one of my favorites ..


Nothing better to cool of California summer then Berry Smoothie. Simple recipe yet very refreshing and good source of anti oxidants.
Fresh from the market red raspberries, yellow raspberries and blackberries
Recipe
1/2 cup Red Raspberries
1/2 cup Yellow Raspberries
1/2 Black Berries
1/2 Strawberries
2 scoops of Vanilla ice cream (substitute with any berry flavored ice cream)
1 tbsp flax seed powder (optional)
1/2 cup milk
cup of crushed ice.
Process
1. Blend all the above ingredients
2. Depending on the fruit if required add a little bit of sugar
3. I pass the smoothie through sieve for its easy for my kids.

12 comments:

Mythreyee said...

Send this to sweet series - cool desserts as well. Looks awesome.

Rajitha said...

mmm...refreshing...tho..i would eat the fruits with the ice-cream than make a smoothie :)

A_and_N said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmy! We live in Atlanta and we need this now real bad. Sigh.

Sia said...

wow sree, the pics awesome:)
by the way, can u plz mail me both ur entries? i dont seem to have recived them.

Namratha said...

Yellow raspberries? :-O Hadn't seen those before! :)

Pretty presentation.

theTasteTinkerer said...

Hi Sreelu...I have something special for you on my blog!
TT

mitr_bayarea said...

What a nice collection of berries, mouth-watering, indeed.

Sreelu said...

Mythree, I am so sorry to have missed your event.

Rajitha, These babies taste good either way :)

a&n, May be its time u pay a visit to sunny CA

Sia, great round up ,glad to be a part of it.

Nams, we get them quite often in our farmers market.

TT, thanks a bunch for the award

Mitr, Thanks !!

Cynthia said...

Your smoothie looks so fantastically delicious. I make smoothies for breakfast minus the ice cream and milk. I use banana in combination with the frozen berries for the creaminess.

Usha said...

This is my first visit to your blog,came here from the taste tinkerer web site,you have a very nice one,loved this berry smoothie looks delicious :)

Anonymous said...

wow - I have never seen yellow berries. Thanks for sharing

Alka said...

Looks so refreshing in this summer..ahhh only if we got all those lovely berries here in this part of world :-(

 
Web Statistics