Well desserts don’t always have to involve sugar and butter, and fat free desserts don’t always have to tasty cardboardy. I am very a cautious eater when it comes to eating desserts, learnt it that you really don’t have to eat cakes, chocolates, jalebi’s or ice creams to satisfy your sweet cravings. If you look around we have tons of healthy options like fruits, several combination of fruits and citrus, fruits with aged balsamic vinegar, grilled fruits topped with raw cane sugar or jaggery. All these are as tasty and satisfying as other sugar delights mentioned above.
Now coming to today’s dessert instead of fruit I used sweet potatoes my newest favorite. Seriously it’s loaded with fiber, Vitamin A&C, iron and calcium and low on fat.
A little time taking, but hey I wouldn’t mind waiting for the end result.
So here goes bakes Sweet Potatoes/Yam with Raw cane sugar or Jaggery in pictures.
6 Sweet potatoes
3 tbsp raw sugar
Aluminum foil to wrap them.
1.Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Clean sweet potatoes and wipe them dry, Cut in half length wise.
3. Place sweet potatoes in aluminum foil cut side up, drizzle or rather rub cut side with olive oil or you can use pam to spray the surface. 4. Now sprinkle raw cane sugar or jaggery over the sweet potatoes.
5. Wrap them in aluminium foil and place them in a tray on the lower rack of the oven.
6. Allow them to bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and serve hot.
You can add butter when giving to kids since it makes it even more creamy. Seriously I love the taste and happy that its guilt free.