Friday, January 8, 2010

Miami A Tropical Paradise

This winter break we had a fantafabulos trip to Florida visited Orlando, Miami and few other surrounding places. I fell in love with Miami, so beautiful and tropical. Homes and vegetation reminded me so much on India especially Mango and coconut trees. Stopped by a fruit stand on our way to Everglades in Miami called Robert is Here I had a kid in candy store kind of experience. Had sugar cane juice feasted on guavas, sapotas etc. Got few other exotic fruits to relish at home especially loved Canistel very creamy and custardy fruit. Picked up few jams ,rubs and butter specifically Mango butter.
Few pics from the stand.




Love the description of taste on these black chicoos and true to the description they tasted out of the world.
Now nothing can beat Jack fruit ain't it.
Dragon fruit

Coconut Monkey how cute is he ?

hmmm hmmm Yummy Chicoos/sapotas
Juicy guavas, never had one like this before in US.
My new favorite Canistel, love love loved it.

What are your favorites, what reminds you of home ?

Love,
Sreelu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Feel like having JF

sra said...

Jackfruit - they couldn't come up with a better description, I guess. Am keen to try the other fruits there, the new ones.

Sreelu said...

Sra, I agree however its hard to say that it tastes like pineapple and vanilla. JK has its own distinct flavor,never the less I love it

Rajee Sood said...

You know Sree ... I used to miss Guavas ... untill I figured ... head to a Mexican grocery store ... and there they used to be ... loved to know about so many more new fruits ... great going ...
I'm lovin' it ... ;)

 
Web Statistics