Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bhindi Masala

Bhindi Masala


Well weekend is done, its amazing how fast time flies come Saturday and Sunday, had a
super busy weekend. I had an email from one a reader mentioning that when ever she makes bhindi it turns gooey, so posting or rather reposting one of my favorite recipe with few tips/tricks I have learnt the hard way :). This is a very common dish found in any desi restaurant.

Stuff that worked for me to get Bhindi fry right is to make sure there is no moisture on the bhindi, they need to be dried well. 2. It should not be cooked covered. 3. As much as we hate using oil bhindi needs oil, I usually use pam. 4. Before adding bhindi to pan make sure pan is super hot. 5. Use non-stick pan if possible. 6. Using amchur powder makes bhindi's dry.

Ingredients
1 pound Bhindi (Lady Fingers) cut into small pieces
1 big Onion finely sliced vertically
1/2 Tomato cut into small cubes
Salt according to taste

For thadka
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1 tbsp Jeera
1 tsp Haldi
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper

Process

1. Heat 1 tbsp of Oil in a pan ,when hot add kasoori methi,haldi and ginger garlic paste and Jeera
2. Add Onion and fry till Onion turns translucent
3. Add Bhindi, salt and garam masala, mix well
4. once Bhindi is fried add tomato and Black pepper mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes



Serve with your choice of carbs !!

5 comments:

Nupur said...

Sreelu- that looks excellent! The bhindi is so fresh, it is only once in a blue moon that I can get my hands on such high-quality bhindi.

notyet100 said...

i had the same for my lunch today,,,pic is too good,.

Lena Rashmin Raj said...

hai Sreelu... :) awesome click dear.. wish to have it right now.. :)

Asha said...

I am amazed so many people do not fry Bhindi until all the gooey stuff goes before making the Okra dish. I hate Gumbo with slimy Bhindi!! :D

Looks yum, great with Chapatis.

Anonymous said...

Excellent recipe...everyone enjoyed it at home including my six year old...Thanks..

 
Web Statistics