Had a fun filled evening watching super bowl, sometimes impromptu events turn out so much better than planned . It was a totally unplanned and turned out to be super fun especially for kids. Kids were so happy that Saints won they were rooting for Brees big time.
about a pound of broccoli, cleaned and chopped fine
1/2 cup of moong dal soaked in water for about 1/2 hr
2 tbsp finely diced ginger
4-5 red chilies
1 tbsp cumin/jeera
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
a pinch of tumeric
salt according to taste
2 tbsp oil
1. Heat a skillet and add oil , when hot add cumin,urad,mustard, red chilies , ginger and curry leaves
2. saute till mustard seeds begin to crack
3. Add drained moong dal and fry till the raw smell is gone for about a minute or two
4. Add cut broccoli, tumeric and salt and stir well.
5. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
6. Broccoli cooks very fast, check for salt and adjust accordingly ,remove from heat and serve
This in fact makes a complete meal, wrap it in a roti or a tortilla and make it a healthy wholesome meal.