Monday, February 8, 2010

Cucumber Peanut Chutney/ Dosakaya Palli Pachadi

Cucumber Peanut Chutney/ Dosakaya Palli Pachadi



Today's recipe is something new I learnt a few weeks ago, seriously its so hard to come up with ideas to cook given the same set of vegetables, that's when friends come to rescue. Tried this at a friends home and I loved it and best part its very easy to make without complex procedures. I am all in for simple stuff I just feel its a waste of time trying to cook very elaborate on weekdays any thing simple I am up for it.

Ingredients
1 cucumber ( Indian yellow one works best, if not English cucumber would work as well)
1/2 cup peanuts roasted
1/4 cup tamarind juice or 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tomato cubed
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp channa dal
1 tbsp jeera
curry leaves
hing a pinch
4-5 red chilies
4-5 green chilies
1 tbsp oil
Salt according to taste


Process
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add urad dal,channa dal,jeera and mustard seeds,curry leaves, red & green chilies and saute.
2. When mustard seeds start to splutter add tomato cut into cubes.
3. Cook for 2 minutes now add peanuts and saute will all is mixed well.
4. Grind the above mixture add coriander while grinding.
5. Now take cubed cucumber in a bowl and add above mixture and salt.
6. Mix well and adjust salt according.

Makes an excellent combination with hot rice.

8 comments:

kitchen queen said...

cucumber peanut chutney is new to me but it is worth the try.

Asha said...

Crunchy cucumber and peanut together, sounds so good.

Siri said...

the combination of cucumber & peanut is so new to me! you are right about - it is a bit boring to cook with same set of veggies! yummy looking pic.

Siri

Happy Cook said...

I have never had this chutney, but wouldlove to have a taste.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Sounds good..

Shivapriya said...

never tried cucumber peanut pachadi, but my mom makes cucumber sesame seeds pachadi.

nice one

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Wow..new cobination of cucuber and peanut...ust have to try

Sreelu said...

Ladies, this was new to me too until few weeks back, give it a try and let me know your feedback

 
Web Statistics