Cucumber Peanut Chutney/ Dosakaya Palli Pachadi
Today's recipe is something new I learnt a few weeks ago, seriously its so hard to come up with ideas to cook given the same set of vegetables, that's when friends come to rescue. Tried this at a friends home and I loved it and best part its very easy to make without complex procedures. I am all in for simple stuff I just feel its a waste of time trying to cook very elaborate on weekdays any thing simple I am up for it.
1 cucumber ( Indian yellow one works best, if not English cucumber would work as well)
1/2 cup peanuts roasted
1/4 cup tamarind juice or 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tomato cubed
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp channa dal
1 tbsp jeera
hing a pinch
4-5 red chilies
4-5 green chilies
1 tbsp oil
Salt according to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add urad dal,channa dal,jeera and mustard seeds,curry leaves, red & green chilies and saute.
2. When mustard seeds start to splutter add tomato cut into cubes.
3. Cook for 2 minutes now add peanuts and saute will all is mixed well.
4. Grind the above mixture add coriander while grinding.
5. Now take cubed cucumber in a bowl and add above mixture and salt.
6. Mix well and adjust salt according.
Makes an excellent combination with hot rice.