Pepper Fried RiceWell looks like I have a theme going this week with leftovers, early in the week posted recipe for left over roti's and today its a recipe for leftover rice. My mom used to make this once in a while and may be since she made it so rarely I really used to love it. I can count on my fingers what I would eat at home growing up, I was one picky eater but for some reason I loved this especially once I was in college. This recipe sure makes me nostalagic. Ingredients
1 Cup boiled rice ( preferable rice that's cold to touch)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup peas and carrot
1 green chili slit length wise
1 shallot cut very fine
2-3 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tbsp pepper corns
salt according to taste
1 tbsp oil or spray like Pam
1. Separate cooked rice with hand till you can see separate grains .
2. Add oil or pam in a pan, when hot add garlic and green chilies and finely sliced shallot.
3. Once shallot turns golden remove from heat and keep separate.
4. In the same pan spray pam or oil and add carrot and peas and peppercorn and saute for a minute.
5. To the above add separated rice and saute.
6. Add freshly ground pepper, salt and shallot garlic mixture and mix everything together.
7. Check for salt and adjust accordingly.
Serve piping hot and we at home eat with ketchup, I know might sound weird but that's how we ate growing up.