Quick Dinner with leftover Roti
Today was one of those perfect days, I mean seriously having a day off on Monday beats nothing. With beautiful weather and all weekend chores done it was time to just chill and later play with kids in the park. Best part of today, I was able to complete Chitra Banerjee's latest book One Amazing Thing, loved the book will write my review soon.
I have previously blogged today's recipe with a slight variation , reposting with few modifications, this works when you have stale or left over rotis ( roti's that are edible of course). I am not sure if fresh roti's would work for this recipe since they usually are very soft, you need roti that's a bit hardened for getting this right.
3- 4 Rotis/toritllas
Onion – 1, chopped finely
tomato - cubed into small pieces
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
2 Green chillies chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp garam masala powder
8-10 Curry leaves
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp Oil
Salt according to taste
1.Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add mustard, ginger garlic paste,curry leaves, green chilies, all the dry masala's and tumeric powders and mix well.
2. Now Add the onion and saute till they turn golden brown, now add chopped tomatoes,fry for a minute or two and salt and mix well.
3. Shred roti/chapathi/ tortilla into small pieces
4. Add shredded roti to above mixture and toss well so that all the roti pieces are well coated, takes about a minute or two.
5. Remove from flame and add lemon juice and adjust salt accordingly
6. Garnish with corriander and enjoy it piping hot
Tastes best when eaten piping hot, you can additionally garnish with finely grated ginger,carrot, jicama .