Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet and Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ok ok I know what you are thinking, another post on sweet potatoes, well well bear with me I promise will reduce the frequency of sweet potatoes going forward. Today was one of those super productive days where laundry is done and folded all the chores for the weekend done, reason to enjoy a chore free Super Bowl tomorrow.

Now I know I have sung the song of how tasty baked sweet potatoes are, today's recipe is a slight variation.
Baked Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potatoes in pictures
1. about a 6-8 medium sized sweet potatoes, cleaned and wiped dried.
2. Cut them about one inch thickness vertically
3. Make a mixture of of about 1 tbsp of red chili powder/paprika/cayenne pepper ,salt and cumin powder.

3. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil .
5. Spray pam/oil on the S.Potatoes and mix the wedges with mixture above.
6.Toss well till all the wedges are well coated.
7. Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes, remove from oven and toss them over and bake again.
8.Bake them for another 8 minutes and as you can see S.Potatoes shrink in size and volume.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot, spicy and sweet sweet potato fries.
10. These must be eaten hot, once they cool down they will loose their crunchiness.





2 comments:

kitchen queen said...

I am not really a sweet potato fan, but ur preparation looks yum.

Sophia said...

Like the comment above, I've never really liked sweet potatoes. But I think I should give these a try. They definitely look appetizing. When I make fries, they're usually these: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/fresh_rosemary_french_fries.htm

Fresh Rosemary French Fries. But I think I am trying yours next. Thanks for sharing!!

 
Web Statistics