Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bubbly Sparkling Blueberry Thirst Quencher

Bubbly Sparkling Blueberry Thirst Quencher



This week seems to have been so long, Monday seemed to have started a while ago and yet it's only Wednesday, sigh !!!. Is it me or anyone else experiencing midweek blues ? I think day light saving is also adding to it, just makes the day longer, not that it's fun, its just getting used to it I guess.

Also last weekend seemed like we have skipped a season and went right into summer, it was perfect time for chilled thirst quencher, as many of you who read my blog know how much I brag about my small little farmer's market , blueberries sold there are fantastic and that's one of the foremost reasons I go there in the first place. I love blueberries in any form or shape. I love'em so much that I attended few classes on how to cultivate and grow them. Have few bushes which are yet too fruit, crossing fingers :)

Made Sparkling Blueberry this Sunday simple and so versatile that you can mix and match flavors.



1 basket Blueberries (rinsed and cleaned)
1 bottle of sparkling soda of your choice ( I used lemon lime yum !!)
sugar (optional)

Process
1. Freeze a handful of blueberries for decoration in the refrigerator.
2. Blend the remaining blueberries in a blender and run them through a strainer to remove any skin/pith. Add sugar if blueberries seem tart.
3. Take a champagne glass, fill the glass half with blueberry syrup/juice, now pour chilled lemon lime sparkling soda and mix it with a spoon.
4. Add frozen berries and serve chill.



Had such a hard time photographing , realized its a tough job to make liquids look appealing.

Sending this across to Meeta who is celebrating her 4th birthday with a bang, if you follow Meeta you realize that she brings in the same spark and bubbliness to her blog just like my thirst quencher. Happy Birthday Meeta and here is wishing you many many more :)

1 comments:

notyet100 said...

blueberries are my fav berries too,..;-)

 
Web Statistics