Now that I have started to cook eggs at home, I seem to be on a roll , first it was curried egg wrap and now this. Seriously realized eggs are so versatile and easy to cook, they pretty much gel with any spices, which is why it makes it fun to cook.
6 hard boiled eggs, shelled
1 large onion
2-3 green chilies
1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp garam masala ( or choice of other spices like whole spice,curry powder)
1 tbsp cumin powder (optional)
1 tbsp paprika/red chili powder
few sprigs of curry leaves
1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
1/2 tbsp tumeric (haldi for color, optional )
salt according to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
coriander for garnish
1. Deshell boiled eggs and slit them gently, this helps eggs absorb the flavor.
2. Heat a pan add oil , when hot add all the dry seasoning ingredients, chilies, ginger and curry leaves.
3 Saute for few seconds and add onions and fry till they turn translucent add salt and mix well.
4. Now add eggs and toss the eggs till they are well coated and covered.
5. Allow it cook on low flame for about 4-5 minutes .
6. Check for salt and adjust accordingly and remove from heat.
I think these can be eaten as a whole meal or serve with your choice of carbs .