Monday, March 29, 2010

I Love Trader Joe's

Had one of those rare days yesterday where we as in a family ventured out for shopping during a weekday, I can't recall the last time this happened. Kids sulk at the sound of shopping or mall, they get this from their dad's side hands down. After cajoling and coxing finally was able to get everyone rounded for trip to mall. While I enjoyed strolling around, kids and their dad settled in a book store. I classify myself as a shopaholic doesn't' matter what kind of store I can always look for things to buy and I usually buy, now with my blogging addiction it's gotten even worse.
Anyways long story short ended up in book store which I absolutely love and given a chance I can hang out the whole day, book stores give me such a high. While wandering around found few books that caught my attention.
I love Trader Joe's I meant the groceries store, those in US might be familiar. Unlike the mass produced stores Trader Joe's offer such a variety and seem to sell more local produce and for some reason seem much more connected to customers.
So found the below three book focused on ingredients from Trader Joe's, I picked up I love Trader Joes by Cherie Mercer





Looking forward to whipping up some really cool recipes, first in list to try is warm goat cheese with arugula. Hmm sounds delicious isn't it.

5 comments:

notyet100 said...

wow,,,even i luv shoppin for books,..i can spend hrs in book store

Mallugirl said...

wow! i shop at TJ but didn't know abt these books. thanks.

anudivya said...

I am so looking forward to some recipes from those books... I love TJ's too!

Georgianna said...

I feel the same about bookstores! What great ideas these TJ cookbooks are. Thank you for sharing and thank you so much for visiting me and your sweet comment! See you soon! xo – g

BangaloreBaker said...

Your family sounds like mine when comes to shopping and you sound like me. I can go to any store and explore only thing is I can come back without buying anything too. I guess that is a big help. Check out my new event if you are interested - http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/baking-from-book-breakfast.html

 
Web Statistics