Majjiga Pulusu - Yogurt Based Stew
Majjiga( Yogurt) pulusu was something that was made in our home when there were no vegetables to cook, seriously this is so easy that mom would make it right before we would sat on dining table.
I love Majjiga pulusu, it tastes really good if yogurt is a day or two old, since it gets a little sour.
1 1/2 cup Yogurt/Perugu ( Thick yogurt)
1/2 cup Besan (senaga pindi)
1/2 Red onion cut into small cubes
1 tbsp oil/ghee
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp jeera
1-2 tbsp ajwain (vamu)
2-3 red chilies
few curry leaves
and salt according to taste.
1. Whisk yogurt and besan well till they mix without any lumps.
2. Place the above on a stove and allow it to cook for 5-6 minutes, till the raw smell of besan is gone.
3. Add salt and haldi( tumeric) and mix well.
4. In a separate pan add oil/ghee and all the seasoning ingredients, when mustard seeds start to splutter add this to the cooked yogurt and mix well.
5. Allow to cook for a minute or two.
6. Remove from heat and add raw onions.
Serve hot with rice, tastes heavenly !!