Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tomato Bean Sabji

Tomato Bean Sabji

Today's recipe is I am sure quite common in Indian house holds, and every house has it's own variation of spices, What this means is today recipe is almost like comfort food that we were used to eating growing up. On a different note totally tangential did you guys watch " My Name is Khan" what did you think ? I watched it two weeks back and I still can't figure out if I liked the movie or not. Usually when you walk out of the theatre I have a strong opinion of liked or unlike, for MNIK when I walked out, it was like noting happened. Few parts of the movie was very heart warming, especially since I have boys and they are getting to be about the same age as the kid in the movie, and any movie that depicts kids tragedy does not sit well with me, I just can't take it. So it felt real tragic to see those scenes on the screen and I think Kajol did a wonderful job by justifying with her action, and as far as Mr.Khan himself he did what he is best at, but every frame of the movie had him, seriously it was such an overdose. Its a different genre for Karan Johar and he I think still has ways to go to make another one like Kuch-Kuch-Hota-Hai in this genre.

So in the end I would say if you are still one of those wondering to watch or not, I would say watch it for San Fransisco, seriously city was shown so beautiful felt so proud that I stay so close by and for Kajol she absolutely looked stunning and very well dressed.

Sorry it was such a deviation from the recipe for today, customize todays recipe with your choice of spices, here goes my version




Ingredients


about 2 cups of fresh tender beans,cut into small cubes
2 tomatoes chopped
1 onion cubed into small pieces
1 tbsp ginger - garlic paste (optional)
1 tbsp jeera
1 tbsp dhania powder ( substitute any spice powder of your choice)
1/2 tbsp red chili powder
salt according to taste
1/2 tbsp haldi/tumeric
Process
1. In a pan add 2 tbsp oil and when hot add jeera and ginger garlic paste and curry leaves.
2. Add onions and saute for about 2-3 minutes till they turn translucent.
3. Add tomatoes and fry for a minutes.
4. Now add cut bean and add about 1/2 a glass water and mix well.
5. Add salt, dhania powder, haldi and red chili powder and mix well.
6. Cook covered for about 5-6 minutes, mixing it every few minutes.
7. Test to check beans are cooked, if not cook covered for few more minutes till done , check for salt and adjust accordingly.
8. Remove from heat and serve.



Wrap the bhaji/kura in a whole wheat tortilla or roti or serve it with rice, either way its comfort food.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I make a similar version minus the jeera.

Vaishali Sharma said...

Looks delicious! I make beans with potato! tomato beans looks enticing.

kitchen queen said...

colourful nutritious and healthy sabji

BangaloreBaker said...

This is something new. I have never made green beans with tomatoes and onions. Must try.

 
Web Statistics