I have been craving Thai food this whole week, not sure why but all I wanted to eat was spicy Thai curry. It sometimes happens when you browse through a book or watch it on TV an image or a caption what ever it is gets stuck in your head and same is the case today, saw recipe for Thai curry from Traders Joe book I brought recently and all I wanted was to try it, and today finally got a chance to make it. And yes I am a happy camper at the end of the day.
You can substitute vegetables of your choice as per your liking.
Ingredients (makes for about 2 cups)
1/2 cup Trader Joes Yellow curry paste
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup of broccoli florets
1/4 cup of cucumber
1/4 cup of frozen baby corn
1/4 cup carrot
1-2 small potatoes (optional)
1/2 pack of tofu
about an inch of ginger
4-5 Thai chilies
10- 15 basil leaves
2 tbsp of oil
salt according to taste
1. Heat a wok when hot and add 2 tbsp oil and to that add finely grated ginger and chilies and saute for minute.
2. Add basil leaves and saute for few seconds.
3. To the above add yellow curry paste and coconut milk and mix well.
4. Cut all the vegetables to about the same size and microwave all the vegetables on high for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the microwaved vegetables and tofu cut into cubes to curry and coconut mixture add about 1/2 cup water and mix till all the vegetables are well coated.
6. Add salt and cook covered for about 6-8 minutes, mixing in the middle.
7. Sprinkle lemon juice if you wish too, this however is optional.
Serve with sticky rice and this makes for a warm and comforting dinner.