Friday, June 4, 2010

Rustic Bread Salad - Greek Style

Rustic Bread Salad with Capers, Avocado, Olives, Tomatoes, Red Onions and Feta Cheese



I am sure all the ingredients mentioned above are making you drool, well for me there can't be any other perfect combination for a salad then the above. Had a perfect long weekend with friends and some traveling. Today's salad was an inspiration from one the salad I had during the long weekend which the restaurant served on a perfect bed of greens.

Anyone who is a regular on my blog know how much I love TJ's (Trader Joes), there is always something new and different to try every visit. Last time I went could not resist the fresh baked smell of rustic baguettes , so picked up few.

My personal favorite and very Sanfrancisan Sourdough baguette.


Rustic baguette with butter milk, it was yum, yum, yum ...

Ingredients
For salad dressing
1/2 cup red wine vinegar/substitute white
1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup good Olive oil
1 tbsp mustard
pepper according to taste
salt according to taste
1/4 tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove chopped super super fine

For salad
1 big avocado diced into cubes
1 red onion ( I love the sweet kind)
1/2 cup olives chopped
1/2 cherry tomatoes halved
couple of tbsp of capers ( I love,love capers)
1/2 cup feta cheese.

Process
1. Mix all the ingredients for salad dressing and keep aside.
2. Toss salad dressing on the cut salad and toss, add pepper and salt if you choose to.



Serve on a bed of greens or I had with a bowl of quinoa . Makes for one mouth watering salad.

Have a fun filled summer everyone.

Love,
Sreelu

5 comments:

Asha said...

Mouthwatering salad, love the olives there.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Yummy looking salad. So colorful... YUM!

Sailaja said...

Yum...

Apu said...

Looks delicious!! I just adore a good salad.

Sreelu said...

Thanks Ladies and it indeed is a great salad, I love it.

 
Web Statistics