Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When was the last time you laughed your heart out ? - A Book review



Seriously when was the last time you had a good laugh reading a book for me its been a while. I am a person who never reads without reading reviews first for me reading a book is synonymous to spending time in a company. The better choice of company the better the time and same goes to books.I have learnt hard that you should never judge a book or for that matter a friend by its cover. I am a serious bookie I can live for the rest of my life in the company of good books ok that's a bit exaggerated but still you get the point I LOVE to read.

So wanted to pick few books to read during my vacation and while picking them up in the library stumbled upon Almost Single by Advaita Kala. Well cover sure looked cheesy and very unlike me wanted to read it for some reason.And I am so glad I picked it up, it was one the best Chiclets I have read in along time.

Without giving too much away its about Aisha a still single entering her 30's girl. A story reflecting changing times, story about friends and relationships, of fights and love of complex relationship with parents especially mom, of living the high life in the city.
Cover of the book reads Indian Bridget Jones meets Sex in the City bollywood style and I could not agree more.

I was laughing out so loud to the point I was embarrassed ,if you are in mood for a light hearted Chiklet Almost Single must be on your must read list.

5 comments:

Siri said...

I am in search for a good book and your review is intriguing. Its been a while that I laughed out loud reading one. will check this out for sure.

Hugs,
Siri

Swapna said...

Akka, Thanks for sharing so many good things with us. I have already ordered this book online. Looking forward to read it soon..:)

Srimathi said...

Looks like a good book to read to relax when you dont want to think too much.

Sailaja said...

I felt it is more like Sex and the city of Indian version. Good book to laugh for sure.

Veena.N.K said...

I really want to read this book after reading your review. I've never come across a book to a have a good laugh written by an Indian writer in the recent times. Looking fwd. to it. Will let you know soon.

 
Web Statistics