Friday, September 10, 2010

Ganapathi Bappa Morya - Vinayaka Chavithi Subhakahsalu

Ganapathi Bappa Morya - Vinayaka Chavithi Subhakahsalu

Wishing all my family , friends and readers a very happy Vinakaya Chavithi. May there always be peace , love and happiness in your lives.
Ganesh puja is my favorite festival growing up it was such a big deal at home, I remember the activities and chaos at home on puja day. I grew up in a joint family so it was an amazing time to see the whole family grand parents, parents, uncles, aunts and cousins all sitting around and performing puja. Though I admit it was more about activity and fun then religious for me now when I have my own kids at home I am trying to continue this tradition at home too.
I love Ganesh statues and I have quite a few collection in all sorts of metals and forms. Few of my faves below.

I am not even sure how old this five faced Ganesh ji is , this is from my grandparents home and is made of panchloham (five metals).
A dear friend of mine present this last year when I went to India and absolutely love it.
I wake up saluting this five faced Ganesha everyday, he is my superhero who protects me from obstacles everyday :) And of course this bookish Ganesha had to be the cutest, made out of all organic colors and natural, picked this up at a tribal exhibition in India, Love it.

Though preparations at home will be modest still its a special event and I try to make it exiting for everyone involved at home.

Wanted to share a website which has plethora of recipes and step by step instructions for all the festive dishes for Ganesh puja, do check out Dhivya's chef in you and have a wonderful puja.


Modaks Ganesha's favorite food

3 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to you and your family too.... i'm off to check the link.. The modaks looks gorgeous!1

Love your collection.

Purnima@a creative project said...

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to you too!! Yummy picture of modaks..missing making them this time!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

Love the book reading Ganesha:-) Very cute!

 
Web Statistics