Thursday, September 23, 2010

Harvest Moon

OK, so my favorite season fall has officially begun , though we in west coast do not experience the change in color as dramatic as east coast, it still is a beautiful season where you can fell and sense the change, cold and chili nights are a preview of whats coming in the months.
Image courtesy photographycorner.com
Had a chance to go to San Francisco yesterday, was there till late night. As I was walking down to catch my train looked up and here it was moon in its full splendor. It somehow seemed so magical. All I wished was to experience watching full moon from the Golden gate bridge with pacific ocean as the backdrop alas nor did I drive or had the company to drive me , well there is always a next time. To me San Francisco is very special it was where I first started my career and what a beautiful experience it was. Everyday there was something new to discover ,something new to love and something new to experience , yesterday it brought back all those beautiful memories . I kept wishing I could go back in time and experience it all over again.
I obviously had to google what was so special about moon yesterday and indeed it was Harvest moon ,the day moon is closest to earth, as they say there is something new to learn and experience everyday.
Happy Moon viewing .
Here are all the names of full moons by month ,courtesy wiki of course :)
January – Wolf moon,[1] Hunger moon, Old moon
February – Snow moon,[1] Ice moon
March – Worm moon,[1] Sap moon, Sugaring moon, Crow moon, Storm moon
April – Pink moon,[1] Egg moon, Grass moon, Rain moon, Growing moon, Wind Moon
May – Flower moon,[1] Planting moon, Milk moon, Hare moon
June – Strawberry moon,[1] Rose moon, Honey moon, Mead moon
July – Buck moon,[1] Thunder moon, Deer moon, Hay moon
August – Sturgeon moon,[1] Corn moon, Fruit moon, Barley moon
September – Harvest moon[1] Gypsy Moon
October – Hunter's moon[1]
November – Beaver moon,[1] Frosty moon, Snow moon
December – Cold moon, Long Night moon,[1] Winter moon

2 comments:

sra said...

Here it was really bright and shiny and hung low, and the night was clear - I wanted to take a picture.

NILIMA said...

Hi,
Nice to know names of all full moons by months.
Thanks for the information.

Happy moon viewing,

Nilima

 
Web Statistics