Curried Spinach Egg Fry - Spinach Egg Burji
Sun has been playing peek-a-boo off late, we got our first taste of spring last week and this week it's supposed to a soggy one , grrrrrrrrrrr
Hope all of you had a good Valentines and made sure to tell your special ones how precious they are !!
Today's recipe is simple yet packed with nutrition, easy to make and goes well with roti's or rice. So here it is .....
About a 1lb of Spinach fresh or frozen
1 red onion finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves chopped finely
tbsp of cumin powder or garam masala if you prefer
1/2 cup milk , I use 2%
Salt according to taste
1 tbsp jeera/cumin seeds
1 tbsp mustard seed
1 tbsp urad dal seeds
few curry leaves
2-3 red chilies
1. Heat a pan, add tbsp of oil, add all the ingredients for seasoning, add chopped garlic and saute till garlic turns brown.
2. Add finely chopped onion and saute till they turn golden brown.
3. Add finely chopped spinach either fresh or frozen add salt and saute for 2-3 minutes, till the rawness of spinach is gone.
4. Add cup of milk and mix it well.
5. Now break two or three eggs in a separate bowl or you could directly break it in the pan.
6. Either way add cracked eggs and mix well, till egg seems to have scrambled and well mixed with spinach.
7. Add your choice of garam masala or cumin powder and saute for a minute or so.