Every sunday we have a farmers market close to home and with this weather all we get is fresh greens and root vegetables. Picked vine ripe tomatoes ,I love vine ripe tomatoes extremely delicious and sweet that it seems like a crime to cook anything . Picked up capsicum, carrot, tomatoes and cilantro too this week.
Ingredients for Bhaji
3 medium sized capsicum
2 carrots peeled and cubed
3 medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed
1 cup peas fresh or frozen
2-3 green chilies ( adjust according to taste)
1/2 cup of coriander leaves
2 medium sized onion chopped finely
3 tbsp butter ( I know, I know but trust me skipping butter just kills the flavor for me personally)
1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste ( optional)
1/3 cup of pav Bhaji masala ( My all time favorite MDH pav bhaji masala)
salt according to taste
1. boil potaotes, capsicum, peas,carrot and chillies with salt in a pressure cooker.
2. While vegetables are being cooked heat a pan big enough to hold the boiled vegetables
3. Add butter and when melted add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds
4. Add onions and saute till they turn golden brown takes about 4-5 minutes
5. Now add cubed tomatoes and little water and saute till tomatoes and onion forms a paste.
6. Add boiled vegetables and pav bhaji masala and use a potato masher to mash all the vegetables till it forms to a mush add water as required
7. Check for salt and top with a little bit of butter and serve hot.
Toast Pav on the tava/griddle on both sides with butter, add bhaji and top with onion,tomatoes and sprinkle with lemon juice and savor.
Cold weather,spicy pav bhaji and scrabble with kids that pretty much wrapped my beautiful weekend.