Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home Made Waffles With Mixed Berries & Maple Compote

Home Made Waffles With Mixed Berries & Maple Compote


Hello spring break, aah have been waiting for tomorrow since a long time, time since we booked our tickets ie. Will be traveling a bit so looking forward to meeting extended family and friends.Just hoping weather would not damper our spirit.

During one of the many Christmas sales last year brought waffle maker/iron, till date I think its one of the best purchase ever made, having been putting waffle maker to test on a daily basis, so much so that I crave warm waffles for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Thanks to the multitude of waffle mixes you never get bored.

Waffles and maple syrup are made in heaven combination, however this weekend during our regular library trip picked up latest edition copy of Martha Stewart Living, I seriously have dreamsof working for MSL, everything about Martha Stewart feels classy, beautiful and absolutely stunning, one look at the berry maple syrup recipe and I knew I had to try it. So here goes my version





Ingredients

For Mixed berries & Maple syrup compote

1 cup frozen berries
1 cup your choice of maple syrup
1 tbsp of lemon jest
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice

Process
1. Heat waffle iron and mix waffle mix according to instructions and allow waffles to cook.

For Mixed Berries & Maple Compote
1. Heat maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half. 
2. Add berries and mush them using  masher. Reduce heat, and simmer until berries are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. 
3.Remove from heat and lemon juice and lemon zest. 
4. Let it cool down for about 20 minutes. (recipe courtesy MSL)


Top warm waffle with compote and serve with chilled apple juice, morning breakfast cannot get any better than this.

Happy spring break everyone :)

Sending this over to Srivall as she celebrates her  3rd blog anniversary.

10 comments:

Sailaja said...

They look yummy. Frankly speaking I don't like waffles but looking at your pics feels like grabbing small piece.

Have a great spring break. My kid's break starts on 16th :)

Sreelu said...

Sailaja,believe me when I can I have never eaten a waffle before trying at home, but once I tried at home there is no going back

Patricia Torres said...

oh my!! this is yumm!! I simply love waffles...

You can link indoors or outdoors in the Green Thumb series.. thanks!! :-)

Rina said...

Luv that first pic dear..good u cleared my doubt that its apple juice -:)

Srivalli said...

Looks awesome Sreelu..

Kala said...

I am eating a waffle as I read this and that compote sure looks amazing...though I am a maple syrup kind of gal:):)

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

I just made a similar compote from blueberries to top my french toast. Your waffles look delicious!

Now Serving said...

That looks FAB! drooling at the compote - My son would devour this in a heartbeat - he is my Maple syrup/waffle monster :)

AlwaysHappyKya said...

Visited this space few minutes after I heard you over the 1170 AM the other day. Must say I have been loving it here :)

Such crisp posts, enticing recipes and fabulous photography!

Will surely keep coming back.

cumincoriandercardamom said...

Somehow I love a crunchy waffle over pancakes.. Looks delicious

 
Web Statistics