Monday, April 25, 2011

Lidia's Inspired Sauce With Spaghetti

Lidia's Inspired Sauce With Spaghetti



I am an ardent fan of PBS/KQED... in fact, my kids can identify the news casters from their voices. I get my daily dose of news from KQED. I love all the cooking shows that are aired on Saturday. Seriously, I get glued to the TV..there is so much authenticity in the cooking, the ingredients and  the people. A few weeks back, I saw a pasta sauce recipe on Lidia's Italy and decide to make the same.
Spaghetti gets chowed down easy in my house.



Ingredients

2 ripe tomatoes
1 cup toasted almonds
1 garlic pod
1 cup olive oil
1 cup finely Parmesan cheese
Handful of basil leaves
Lemon rind
Tbsp. of lemon juice
Fresh pepper
and salt according to taste

Process
1. Cook spaghetti according to instruction and keep aside
2. In a food processor add all the above ingredients and blend to fine consistency
3. Now add the pasta sauce and finely chopped parsley and toss well till spaghetti is well covered with sauce.

Serve warm with bread and trust me there is no tussle or war with words in getting the kids to finish eating.
Sent this across to Priya of Once upon a tea time a while ago and wanted to post the same on my blog as well.


8 comments:

Suparna said...

Hey s,
Thanks for such easy recipe...these days am too much into pastas n spaghettis n stuff :O

Sharmilee! :) said...

Spagetti looks delciious...my fav one too

Anonymous said...

hi sreelu,
thank you for sending an easy and colourful recipe. can u tell me if the sauce would be sufficient for 1 cup of spaghetti or wat is the measurement to be boiled?

thanks,
s

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Perfect looking speghetti. Neatly presented. Nice recipe. YUM!

Farida said...

That look so delicious and yummy, thanks for share.

farida
http://foodfresh.blogspot.com/

Gastronome Tart said...

I love all of Lidia's recipes! So, I'm sure this is just as good as it looks!

Sreelu said...

s, this sauce should be more than enough for a bowl full of boiled spaghetti infact it keeps well in the refrigerator for few days.

Our Eyes Eat First said...

superlike this recipe! thanks for sharing!

 
Web Statistics