Sweet and Tangy Plum Chutney
It's no doubt fruiting season here in California look around and you see trees filled with fruit . We had a good friend of our give us plums from their yard. As sweet as there were just plopping into your mouth ,decided to make something different. Sweet and tangy flavor of the plums made it a perfect candidates for chutney.
6-8 ripe plums
2 tbsp Panch phoran
1 tbsp turmeric/haldi
2 green chilies
2-3 red chilies
3 tbsp jaggery/brown sugar
few sprigs of curry leaves (optional)
about an inch of fresh ginger
Salt according to taste
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
1. Cut plums and remove stone inside
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil, when oil gets hot add cut plums and allow to boil for few minutes till they get tenderize.
3. Remove from heat and keep aside.
4. In the same pan add tbsp of oil add panch phooran, ginger,green chillies, red chillies , turmeric and curry leaves.
5. Saute for few seconds and then add the plum mixture.
6. Add jaggery and salt and allow the plums to boil till all the flavors are well incorporated.
7. Remove from heat and puree in a blender.