Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Chips - Sweet & Spicy

Baked Sweet Potato Chips - Sweet & Spicy



Healthy snacking is a strict discipline that I have hard time following, I find myself  really hungry once I get back from work, I snack on the first thing I can get my hands on and the guilt that follows is just awful, over a period of years  learnt that to get myself of this rut first thing is to stop buying food that are high in carbs or fat, I think I am getting there but still I have my moments.


When you have a group of enthusiastic friend/fashionista’s  you are never short of ideas and tips for healthy snacking, learnt about home made Sweet potatoes snacks and what  an excellent snack it makes not to mention it's a good source of fiber and iron,  just pop it in the microwave for few minutes and drizzle with honey or agave and Walla you have yourself an healthy snack extending this idea a little further is today’s recipe. I so love these chips excellent for munching with your cup of evening tea.

Recipe can be totally customized according to taste, I like my chips chunky if you like yours crisp slice them paper thin and adjust oven setting accordingly

Ingredients
about 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
tbsp of salt preferred seasoned sea salt
tbsp of smoked paprika (adjust according to taste)
tbsp of balsamic vinegar 
tbsp of honey/agave
tbsp of brown sugar/cane sugar


Process
1. Pre heat oven to 250
2.Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes according to thickness of your choice, keep in mind they do shrink in size once baked.
3. Mix in all above ingredients with sliced potatoes and toss till every slice is well coated.
4. Place an aluminum foil on the baking sheet, spray pam or oil and now layer sweet potatoes .
5.Place it in the pre heated oven and allow to bake for 6-7 minutes , toss them over and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and allow them to cool down


Once these cool down , make your self a cup of hot tea and zone out and take a five minute break from everything around you and enjoy these crispy sweet and spicy home made sweet potato chips.

8 comments:

Sharmilee! :) said...

Looks like a great tea time snack....yumm

Chitra said...

chips looks so crispy and crunchy

Prathima Rao said...

Healthy & irresistble snack!!! A guilt free indulgence,.. :)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

schmetterlingwords said...

A perfect and healthy snack to munch on!! Love the colour and the crispness of the chips :)

Spandana said...

Nice evening snack.. I love the first pic.

Pavithra said...

Delicious fries and gorgeous shots.

Ana Carneiro said...

Oh my! I must try this! It looks and sounds gorgeous!

http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.com/

miami real estate said...

It looks hot, crisp and spicy but sweet also sounds interesting. There's really nothing like great snacks with a hot cup of tea.

 
Web Statistics