Wednesday, September 14, 2011

End Of Season Bounty - Tomato Plum Smoothie !!

End Of Season Bounty - Tomato Plum Smoothie !!


Ahh my favorite time of the year is here - Fall , weather is perfect evenings are just right for walk in the park with slight chill in the wind, few more days before we take out our bulky jackets and sweaters well I live in California so I guess I should not be complaining about the upcoming winter.

This year like every year planted few tomatoes.cucumber, chilies, corn,squash, zucchini,lemon cucumber and water melon plants, few were super successful like corn, we harvested our very first corn and few were a super flop like water melon, either it did not get the required sun or the soil was not well drained either way few days/months into planting it withered away and died. As for tomato plants we brought them from our local farmers market, never had such juicy and sweet tomatoes. I could just eat them off the tree without any added flavor, these puppies were so flavorful, I am planning to save some seeds for next year. 

We had a bounty this summer and as the season comes to an end tomatoes shrink in size though the flavor is still intact. Most of the trees are already drying up and I think they will last for about a month or so. Last week a friend of ours dropped off a bag full of plums, juicy and sweet and they made for a perfect snack.

Today morning put tomato and plum together in my Vitamix added a dash of agave/honey and few ice cubes ,made for one healthy refreshing and tasty smoothie.



There is no better way to start a day than this refreshing smoothie !!

5 comments:

Sharmilee! :) said...

Fresh , healthy and yummy smoothie

Kadhyaa said...

healthy and refershing drink

Happy Cook / Finla said...

I saw this pic in fb and i fell in love with it, i have never had smoothis like this, but sounds and looks yumm and healthy.

kitchen queen said...

cool and refreshing smoothie.

kankana said...

The first photo is those tomatoes took my heart away! Not a fan of smoothie but this is with tomato which makes me feel like grabbing that glass!

 
Web Statistics