Sunday, October 16, 2011

Diwali Decoration Inspirations - Day I

Can't believe we will be celebrating Diwali next week, I still remember last years just like it was yesterday, this year flew by faster than ever. Weeks and months seem to go by in a blur feel that time is passing by at a much faster rate than I would want. Hosted a baby shower for my younger brother over the weekend it was such a fun evening , as I was calling it a night I tried to remember what it was like few years ago to be parents for the first time, how excited and anxious we were, there were moments when I would freeze with fear of raising a little baby and times when heart would swell with the little miracle in my hands, those moments were/are so precious , I wish my little brother and his beautiful wife the very best I am sure they would be one terrific parents and can't wait to hold my little nephew soon.


Diwali comes at the most beautiful season of the year, the weather, the spirit of the festival and decorations and everything around it add so much more fun and color . I truly love Diwali and look forward to it every year it sure does bring out the inner child in me .

Just like last years post, this year decided to share my creations as well share what my Diwali inspirations related to decor,gifts and obviously FOOD are for the next few days.

You can really set the festive mood in the house with simple decorations candles, tea lights, string lights, fresh flowers , rangoli's etc... today's inspiration comes from my love of candles .


I am sure all of us have those shiny duppata's which are hidden behind in the closet, used crushed golden dupatta like a runner added my beautiful candles and diya's ,few flowers petals and bangles and you have a table set for Diwali.


With all the light turned off,it looked so beautiful and I could feel the festival already.

If you have ideas or if you have published similar article and would want to share with my readers please leave me link and I would love to add to the post.



3 comments:

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

wow, that looks truly beautiful. Lovely decoration and ideas.

Srivalli said...

Such a beautiful post Sreelu. Congrats to your brother and sil. I can imagine the excitement having a lil one around this time..though I remember my babies didn't like the diwali crackers..:)..all the diyas are so pretty..

notyet100 said...

Luved this one,..)

 
Web Statistics