I try to cook what kids like and due to this we (husband and I) have changed our food habits quite a bit toned down the spiciness, less curries that are gravy kind its hard to cook for two different groups so we choose the easy way out to eat the way kids prefer.
So today's recipe is one of their favorites and takes me less that 10 minutes from start to finish has a good dose of vegetables and nuts so it's a win-win for me and the kids.
2 cups of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 cup of carrot chopped finely, frozen carrots can be substituted
1 cup of mixed nuts ( blanched almonds, cashew nuts, chopped pecans)
1 tbsp of oil
1/2 tspn of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp channa dal
1/2 tspn cumin powder
pinch of pepper flakes
salt according to taste
1. Microwave broccoli and carrot on high for 3-4 minutes, till they turn tender, adjust according to your MV settings
2. Toast the nuts lightly for few seconds and keep aside
3. In a pan add oil and when hot add ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, channa dal and pepper flakes, mix well until raw smell of garlic is gone.
4. Now add microwaved broccoli and carrot and saute for a minute or two.
5. Add toasted nuts and mix well.
Remove from heat and serve. You can add this as a filling to whole wheat tortilla and make it a wrap makes for an excellent lunch.