Sunday, July 22, 2012

Easy Peasy Kale Chips - In Your Face Salty Snacks !!!

Easy Peasy Kale Chips - Delicious, Healthy & Easy 



A beautiful weekend comes to an end, this weekend was just the way I wanted some R&R, attended a beautiful Indian wedding that transported me back home and brought down sunday evening with a dear friend.

Last week was filled with too many conflicts some wanted and some unwanted. As they say all is well that ends well, so a relaxing weekend was all I needed to get recharged.

Every trip to farmers market motivates me to cook something different and to experiment. With abundant fresh greens picked up Kale and decided to make Kale chips. Tried Kale chips for the first time in Whole foods and I was sold. Today's recipe comes very very close to the store brought and the best part  you control the ingredients that go into it.

Super easy, quick and takes less than 10 minutes .
Ingredients
1 bunch of Kale - about 8-10 stems
tbsp of Olive oil
tbsp of garlic salt
pinch of chaat masala (optional)

Process
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash Kale and wipe it towel dry.
3. With a kitchen scissors , cut along the stem of the kale and remove the hard part .
4. Now cut Kale leaves into about 2-3 inch pieces
5. In a bowl add Kale leaves, olive oil, garlic salt and chaat masala and give it a good toss till all the Kale leaves are well coated.

6. Line them on a baking sheet spreading without overlapping leaves.
7. Bake them in the oven on the middle rack for about 12 minutes.

 Remove from heat and enjoy the crunchiest and healthy snack.
Kale chips when baked turn paper thin and crispy and melt in your mouth. Finally found a snack that can kick salty snacks in their butt and are healthy and guilt free.


Finally saw this on Pintrest and could not agree more, sometimes we forget the basic rules, made me think and also a reminder to others.


Have a super week ahead everyone.

8 comments:

Spandana said...

I have never made them, but it sure looks very good and very healthy!

bhavna said...

wow it looks so crispy and yummy....

bhavna said...

looks so crispy and yummy...

Apu said...

They do look good!!

Shiana Agarwal said...

Brilliant stuff!
saadepunjab.com

Gwen Harrod said...

I might just try my hand at making kale chips, and as a high school teacher, I wholeheartedly agree with the Pinterest graphic about shutting off your phone. There are few things more rude than "having a conversation" with someone who is attached to their phone, or better yet, their iPod!! Are you listening to me, or Britney Spears?
Thank you for the lovely topic, and I would love for you to visit my website: www.irishgwen.com

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

I love kale chips!! I could easily snack on them all day long :D

kankana said...

This is probably one of those few greens that I actually don't enjoy. I find it bitter. Is that normal or just my taste bud ?

 
Web Statistics