Having my kitchen back is like a blessing. Yesterday some kind soul at work brought these humongous sized Zucchini, they looked tender and delicious and the produce did want me to create something new and break my blog silence. So decided to make Zucchini patties/latkes, any way to make the kids eat :)
Zucchini patties are fairly easy to make and take less than 30 minutes. There are couple of ways to make this, I made the Indian version.. Here goes the recipe
Makes for about 10~12 patties
Preparation time 30 Min
2 lbs of Zucchini
handful of mint leaves
1/2 a bunch coriander leaves- about a cup
2~3 green chilies adjust according to your liking
Salt according to taste
tbsp of Cumin powder
1/2 cup rice flour
3/4 cup channa besan/chick peas flour
2~3 slices of bread crumbled finely
pinch of cayenne/red chili powder
pinch of chaat masala -optional
oil for shallow frying
1. Peel Zucchini and grate, I used my food processor and grated Zucchini with chilies,coriander and mint leaves all the ones.
2. Add salt to the grated mixture and allow to sit for about 5 minutes, Zucchini sheds a lot of water. After five minutes squeeze out all the water.
3. Now add all the dry ingredients rice flour, channa besan, chat masala, cumin powder and red chili powder and mix well.
4. Adjust well for salt
5. Pour oil into a shallow pan and allow oil to get hot.
6. Take the zucchini batter and make into a ball and then flatten into a patty and gently lower down into the hot oil
7. Allow the patty to cook on medium heat for about 2~3 minutes each side.
8. Remove from heat and serve hot