here and information about how you can participate or contribute click here
Last few weeks have been very hectic, between kids activities, work and home hardly have time to breathe. Today's recipe is inspired by my visit to Trader Joe's last weekend. I love Trader Joes PERIOD. The amazing array of ingredients from around the world and reasonable prices make it my first choice for groceries. Every time I walk the aisle there is always something new, get the creative juices flowing and makes want to experiment. So made stir-fried vegetable fried rice, so delicious and healthy that kids asked for seconds and that's a rarity.
Makes for about 4 cups
Cooking time ~20 min
1 cup of boiled rice-left over rice works even better
2 cups frozen stir fry mix from TJ's (contains beans, mushrooms, baby corn, red bell pepper, broccoli,carrot and lotus stems)
1/2 cup flavored tofu or firm tofu cut into cubes
1/4 cup green onion chopped
couple tbsp fresh mint
tbsp fresh basil chopped fine
1/3 cup coriander chopped fine
2 tbsp ginger julienned finely
1 garlic chopped fine
3 tbsp of Ginger mango chutney from TJ's
1/3 cup soy sauce adjust according to taste
fresh ground pepper
salt according to taste
and pinch of sugar
Stir fried vegetable fried rice
Ginger Mango Chutney - Perfect blend of heat and sweetness
1. Heat wok and add tbsp of oil and when hot add ginger and garlic and saute for 20~30 seconds
2. Now add soy sauce, sugar, salt and allow it cook for few seconds, Soy sauce thickens
3. Add all frozen vegetable and tofu and toss till they are well coated with the sauce
4. Allow for the vegetables and tofu to cook, takes about 6~7 minutes
5. Check for salt and adjust accordingly
6. Add rice and all the fresh herbs and saute till well mixed and allow to cook for about 2~3 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander and green onions and serve hot.
Have a fabulous rest of the week, I am looking forward to the festive season and can't wait to celebrate the same with family and friends.