Routine is a good thing, well almost. Summer went by in a blink of an eye, kids are back to school. This summer has been quite a memorable one. We traveled to India spent some quality time with parents and in-laws, traveled extensively in India and more specifically visited Kashmir, a dream come true ( travel to Kashmir deserves its own post) and ate to hearts content and shopped till I dropped literally. Now life is back to organized chaos school, classes, and all the other activities around kids.
Few weeks ago at a company sponsored lunch one of the items on the menu was yellow beetroot salad, boy it was so good and delicious that I had to recreate the same at home.
So this weekend during our weekly trip to farmers market picked up some delicious looking yellow beets and recreated the same, happy with the recreation and relished it with a bowl of pepper quinoa salad.
Preparation time ~20 min
Serves about 2~4
3 large yellow beetroots
few springs of mint
few springs of cilantro
salt according to taste
pinch of paprika
1/2 tbsp of dried Oregano
1/4 cup EVOO extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar ( I used sweet fig Vinegar)
fresh pepper according to your taste
1. Peel Yellow beets and cut them into one inch cubes.
2. Microwave them for 3~5 minutes till well cooked, check to see that there is no rawness in the beets add salt and keep aside
3. In a bowl whisk all the salad ingredients together and mix well.
4. Now toss the salad dressing onto to the boiled beets and mix well till all the cubes are well coated.
5. Allow for the beets to cool down and enjoy as delicious salad or an appetizerI had them along with my Quinoa salad and it was perfect. For those in the US have a lovely long weekend blogdost's.